Sunday, January 22, 2006

 

A Snyder Family Visit

A decision was made in the Snyder family last year to meet in Ecuador for some personal family time. My parents, Charles and Inez Snyder are both departed from my family. So all four of us children really enjoy getting together to remember all of the family times we shared in the wonderful home our parents provided for us in central Oklahoma. Now only two of us live in Oklahoma; Joi Grissom and Larry Snyder. Charlene Snyder lives near Seattle, Washington and I am here in Ecuador. So, you have only to imagine the honor I felt in hosting this "reunion" of my only brother and our two sisters here in Ecuador! It was wonderful being together and experiencing the joys of seeing the beautiful handiwork of God all around these unequaled Andean mountains and villages.

Because of their generosity in bringing the needed parts for the radiant heating system, flower seeds and many gifts for the children and us, it was like having your Christmas and Birthday all rolled up into one for me! Being the "baby" of the family, I have always enjoyed be teased about being "spoiled" by my brother and sisters, but I really feel they have spoiled me on this trip!

It is wonderful when parents love the Lord and give their children the Christian heritage that my parents gave to all of us! Having a marvelous time together in their memory has created many new memories and has pulled us closer together!


That is me with the new Ecuadorian hat and my sister Charlene below. Next to me is my brother, Larry with the "hollywood" sunglass look and below him is our sister Joi. We are all posed at the equator with two of us in the Northern and two of us in the Southern hemispheres!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?