Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity



My name's Becki Schellinger. I'm from Girdwood, Alaska and that has been the recurrent scripture as I prepared for and throughout this psuedo-mission trip. I started feeling the call for Ecuador about September last year, plans went in and out and come the end of June every plan I had made or tried to make had been changed. My plane left July 15th and I only knew I was spending two days at a hospital in the Amazon and my friend Ross was picking me up from the airport to stay for an indefinite amount of time. Without going into details, God's plan was well laid out and revealed as everything just came together. Through a series of unfortunate events Ross and I got hooked up with the Hacienda de Esperanza. We came here about July 22nd. Ross left for the states the next day but I stayed for a week and a half. I've played with the kids, did a bunch of sewing, and if I accomplished my goal--shared God's love. It was great to see the language barriers break down...and amazing that they seemed to do so 3x as much whenever the conversation was revealing God's glory. Someone once said, "Spread the gospel at all times using words when necessary." This has been a great opportunity to try that out. And as a secondary benefit, I've learned to trust God as never before. The rest of my travels are at http://www.beckischellinger.blogspot.com/
Vaya con Dios.




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?