Tuesday, July 24, 2007

 

Matt Brittain




Hello, fellow supporters of the Hacienda of Hope my name is Matt Brittain and I am 19 years old, and I have been working down here for about the past two months. I first found out about this place from my high school, Madison Academy. A school group comes down here every Spring Break on a mission trip. I have come twice before with the group from Madison Academy and have fallen in love with the work down here. I have done a lot of different chores from taking care of Christian, Jhon, and Jorge to doing construction work. God has blessed me so much with what I have, and He gave me the opportunity to come down here to do this work. I also have learned so much from just walking down the streets in Cayambe/Tabacundo to learning Spanish in Otavalo. I had the chance to do a little bit of traveling, and I have fallen in love with this country and with travel even more. I do not know what I want to do for a career, but I know I want to help people. I also want to travel all of South America and learn the different cultures. Even possibly find out a way to help others down in South America, such as teach English to the natives. I only have less than a week before I leave this place and return to the states. I do not know if I will be able to return to La Hacienda de Esperanza, but I will never forget this experience. Please keep on supporting this ministry if you are able to. God has done amazing things with this place and He will do so much more. Take care and God Bless.





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?